Termination of the Dutch employment contract
1. The Employer can only terminate the employment contract with the written consent of the employee unless:
- Prior approval was granted in terms of Article 671a ( e.g. Approval for the dismissal from the Employee Insurance Agency (UWV),
- If the termination is during the probation period of the employee,
- Termination of the employment contract for a urgent reason , (article 677.1)
- Where services were rendered to a household of natural person for less than four days a week,
- The termination of a manager of a legal entity see Book 2 of the Dutch Civil Code,
- If the employee was employed in a religious function,
- The termination the contract of an employee working at a particular school or institution as defined in Article 1 of the primary education Act.
2. The employee can within 14 day withdraw the written consent as was mentioned in point 1 in writing without reasons.